Unlike decades ago, people and power companies alike are now giving greater importance towards electric meters. Even the manufacturers of electric meters are consistently developing newer designs of electric meters while incorporating advanced engineering technology. This constant research and development invested on electric meters have given birth to smart meters. JSG smart meter are considered the latest and most advanced electric meter available in the market. Power companies are now starting or considering the use of smart meters for their consumers. With so much attention generated on smart meters, there are people who are wondering this phenomenon. Here are several reasons that makes smart meters the smart choice.
- Multiple readings – Smart meter does not only perform accumulation reading like other meters, it can perform multiple readings. Among these is interval reading which reads consumption in a period of time. It can also provide peak hours and downtime readings which are vital data for smart consumers.
- Detailed reporting – Instead of just the total consumption, smart meter can provide in depth break down of the consumption. This includes the time the energy is consumed, the fluctuations of the power supply, and some could even provide consumption report for every appliance used. This allows consumers to determine how they are using electricity and find ways to become more efficient in using electricity.
- Direct connection – Smart meters is connected to the power company’s system. This allow the smart meters to directly send readings to the company instead of having a utility man go to the household and take the readings manually. A cut in the connection can also inform the power company that something is wrong with the meter or the circuit thus they can send a service man immediately.
- Customisable – Other meters have fixed functions and features. On the other hand, smart meters can be customized to meet the preference of the consumers giving them access to data they needed. Even power companies can customize the data the smart meter will send to them depending on the consumer’s request or the data they need to monitor their lines.
- Built for smart consumers – Smart consumers are not satisfied just spending their money. They think if it is necessary to spend such amount on one thing. They look for ways to save money without sacrificing their needs. Smart meters provide them the necessary data which they can evaluate if there are ways they can implement to cut down the cost while sacrificing little to no comfort in the process.
These are just few of the features which make smart meters perfect for smart consumers.